HB1098 - Rep. Justin Harris (The guy who runs a Christian pre-school with taxpayer funds)
This is a child abuse bill, but redefines child. Right now it is defined as from birth to age 18. This bill would change the definition to “the time a fetal heartbeat can be detected” to 18.
Simple consequences to this law include taking a medication without consulting with a doctor first. The doctor can then report you for child abuse for taking GasX without his/her approval.
The more complex implications may directly impact abortions. In Arkansas, abortions early in pregnancy are performed with medication. If you went to another doctor before getting an abortion, the first doctor could report you for child abuse after taking the medication that resulted in the abortion.The second doctor who prescribed the abortion drugs could be prosecuted for not reporting child abuse if there was a detectable heartbeat.
This is a bad law and it is in committee today. It limits the decisions a woman can make. It is the same house committee that has been listed here before. Give them a call.
- ishallnotgrowconservativewithage likes this
- treesin-november reblogged this from kosmonaunt
- kosmonaunt reblogged this from kells--bells
- kells--bells reblogged this from curiousmeans
- thelistlesslighthouse likes this
- inactive--morganna reblogged this from amazondotcom
- amazondotcom reblogged this from buffmeister
- buffmeister reblogged this from fuckyeahnaturalstate
- travelswithwords likes this
- helnwheels likes this
- twatsaint reblogged this from alexja-feel
- alexja-feel reblogged this from fuckyeahnaturalstate and added:
- curiousmeans reblogged this from fuckyeahnaturalstate
- fuckyeahnaturalstate reblogged this from godhatesarkansas and added:
- thatotherginger reblogged this from godhatesarkansas
- feelingthatibelonged likes this
- flakeybacon reblogged this from godhatesarkansas and added:
- godhatesarkansas posted this